Posted 3 weeks ago
We are looking for a Helpdesk Technician who will be responsible for serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance in person, over the phone, email or remote PC software. Your primary duties will include providing operational support services to the organization. We are looking to fill a need to have a highly competent and highly motivated individual in this role.
You will also be working closely with the users of our network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
- • Associate Degree or equivalent experience
- • Demonstrated experience in workstation and printer maintenance and hardware installations and break/fix
- • Experience with system imaging and helpdesk ticketing software • Experience with Windows 7 and later, Microsoft Office 2010 and later
- Remote or onsite computer support
- Owning, tracking and resolving Information Technology (IT) incidents and requests
- Fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs on a daily basis to ensure service-related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs
- Responding to alerts and escalations and working with both user and IT support groups to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems
- Providing Tier I onsite and remote (desktop level) support and basic network troubleshooting support.
- Placing/Tracking trouble calls to other service providers.
- Creating, modifying, or deactivating user accounts.
- Developing and maintaining operational & knowledge management documentation in the Help Desk Tier 1 document management system.
- Responding to all assigned calls and messages in order of urgency
- Inventory tracking, organization and maintenance
- Assist in maintaining, upgrading and troubleshooting infrastructure hardware such as switches, hubs, WAP’s and cabling
- Assist in the research, configuration and installation of all technology-related purchases for the agency
- Assist in creating, maintaining and implementing network upgrade and maintenance plans
- Track recurring problems and provide input to supervisor and staff regarding inconsistencies and preventative maintenance
- Research problems and solutions from the appropriate resources, such as online support, documentation, contracted I.T. service providers, and supervisor as needed
- Provide support and maintenance to off-site locations
- Attend and participates in staff meetings, trainings and supervisions
- Adhere to ethical standards of the field
- Manage vendors when required for support and ordering
- Completes all other special projects as requested
- Some system monitoring may be required
- Other duties as assigned