This is an entry level position into pharmaceutical operations, generally focused on learning, demonstrating, & mastering basic operations in material handling, inspection, labelling, and packaging. Personnel will have oversight and instruction, and will support and/or complete basic operations in area of assignment while adhering with all applicable procedures, cGMPs, company policies and any other quality or regulatory (for example: OSHA, DEA, FDA, etc.) requirements. Facility is a multiple shift operation where variable shifts, including weekends, may be required.
As personnel develop skills and demonstrate mastery of assigned tasks, Production Tech II and Production Tech III positions are options for those seeking advancement. Production Tech II and III duties include pharmaceutical manufacturing, which entails formulation and sterile compounding.
• Authorized to immediately stop any task that is determined to be a potential hazard
• Promotes and demonstrates safe work culture at all times, including adhering to PPE requirements at all times
• Safely handles chemicals, corrosives, solvents, and other pharmaceutical compounds
• Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies such as OSHA, EPA, RCRA and company Guidelines
• Demonstrate physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds and push/pull pallets, product cans, etc. multiple times per shift.
• Demonstrates ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Strictly adheres to cGMP’s, health and safety requirements, procedures and corporate policies
• Only performs activities in which appropriate, documented training has been completed
• Performs Visual Inspection of finished product syringes
• Performs Labeling of finished product syringes
• Understands how personal performance and compliance with procedures impacts overall product quality, safety, department goals, and objectives
• Executes processes, documentation, set-up, cleaning, maintenance of rooms and equipment with an increasing level of independence
• Demonstrates ability to recognize and respond with appropriate urgency to:
– Equipment Issues/Malfunctions
– Deviations from the process
– Documentation issues
– Need for clarification before proceeding
• Demonstrates basic troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrates the ability to progress to a Production Technician II and/or master multiple processes within assigned work area
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Adheres to all applicable procedures, cGMPs, company policies and any other quality or regulatory requirements. (For example: DEA, FDA, etc.)
VALUES & BEHAVIORS
• Demonstrates Innovation abilities by identifying and speaking up about possible improvements and identifying more efficient ways of doing things.
• Operates with Integrity by maintaining high ethical standards, cares, shows trust and respect with all employees
• Consistently demonstrates Quality by understanding your impact on product quality
• Collaborates to create or participate effectively on diverse and high performing teams, is open to new ideas and perspectives, communicates across shifts, and demonstrates a safe work environment
• Demonstrates a passion to Perform by meeting personal and departmental goals, gains knowledge to display increasing independence, instills confidence in ability to perform required tasks, and progresses on qualifications within reasonable timelines
• Demonstrates Courage by speaking up, accepts constructive feedback, and takes accountability for mistakes and make necessary corrections